Alfred J. Hilado
- Workers Compensation 60%
- Social Security Disability 40%
Specialties and Certifications:
- Workers' Compensation Law, the Florida Bar, 1998
Alfred Hilado was born in Chicago, Illinois and was raised in Winter Haven, Florida. He completed his undergraduate studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1990, he received his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. He was a finalist of the Environmental Law Moot Court and quarter finalist in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Hilado has been practicing law since 1991 and is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and all Florida State Courts.
He began his practice of law representing employers and insurance companies in the defense of workers' compensation claims throughout the entire state of Florida. He quickly learned that he had significant compassion for injured workers. On January 4, 1993, Mr. Hilado began representing injured workers as he understood how an on the job accident not only affects the injured worker but greatly affects the injured workers' family as well. Since that time Mr. Hilado has made a significant impact in expanding benefits for injured workers by winning cases before the Judges of Compensation Claims, the First District Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Florida. He is an experienced attorney who is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in the area of Workers' Compensation since 1998. Mr. Hilado specializes in both workers' compensation as well as Social Security Disability claims, aiding those in need of assistance in their social security disability/SSI claims since 1994.
Mr. Hilado is a member of the Florida Bar Association; The Orange County Bar Association; was on the Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association (2008-2010); is a current Board member of the Florida Workers' Advocates (2006-present); and, is a member of the Judge William Wieland American Inn of Court. He is also a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: Finalist, Environmental Law Moot Court
- Honors: Finalist, National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Guardian ad litem, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, The Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association
- Florida Workers' Advocates, Board Member
- Florida Workers' Advocates, Past President, 06/2009 to 06/2010