Alfred J. Hilado
- Workers Compensation
- Board Certified, Florida Bar Association in the area of Workers' Compensation
Alfred Hilado was born in Chicago, Illinois and was raised in Winter Haven, Florida. He completed his undergraduate studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1990, he received his law degree from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. He was a finalist of the Environmental Law Moot Court and quarter finalist in the National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition.
Mr. Hilado has been practicing law since 1991 and is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and all Florida State Courts.
He began his practice of law representing employers and insurance companies in the defense of workers' compensation claims. He quickly learned that he had significant compassion for injured workers. In 1993, he joined Mr. Wieland and represents only injured workers and their families. Since that time Mr. Hilado has made a significant impact in expanding benefits for injured workers by winning cases before The Supreme Court of Florida and the First District Court of Appeals. He is an experienced attorney who is Board Certified by the Florida Bar Association in the area of Workers' Compensation. Mr. Hilado specializes in workers' compensation as well as Social Security Disability claims. He also serves as a guardian ad litem through the Orange County Bar Association representing the best interests of children who are neglected, abandoned or abused.
Mr. Hilado is a member of the Florida Bar Association, The Orange County Bar Association, and is on the Board of Directors for the Florida Justice Association and the Florida Workers' Advocates. He is also a sustaining member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR).
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1990
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Guardian ad litem, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, The Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Florida Justice Association
- Florida Workers' Advocates, Member